Hi Mark

use:

Area(obj, "hectare")

To find the correct definition for distance or area units, open the MapBasic
Window (under Options in 7.8). With the mapper containing the objects active,
go to Map>Options then change the area units to the type you want. Click OK and
you will see the action in the MapBasic Window, eg:

Set Map Area Units "hectare"

- so now you know what to put in the expression.

regards

Nigel

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 15:32:49 +0100 "Brown, Mark"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well that got a lot of replies thanks all! The only thing is I need the
> measurement to be in Hectares.......What do I need to type in the "sq
> mi" bit of Area(obj, "sq mi") ?
>

> Mark Brown
>
> GIS MapInfo Technician
>
> Faber Maunsell
>
> 11/12 Eldon Place
>
> Bradford
>
> BD1 3AZ
>
> t: +44 (0)1274 370410
>
> f: +44 (0)1274 734447
>
> w: www.fabermaunsell.com

__________________________________
Nigel N James
Map Room
Bodleian Library
Broad St
Oxford
OX1  3BG
UK
tel     : +44 1865 277013
fax    : +44 1865 277139
Visit the award-winning Map Room Home Page at:
http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk/guides/maps/