You properly compiled an MBO and not a MBX. See if you a MBO and not a
MBX file on the disk.

Since your are new to MapBasic you properly don't use MBO files yet. So
check to see if you use a function or call a sub procedure in your code
that is not present in you file. This will generate a MBO file. You also
must have a Main procedure to get a MBX file.

I think you mean "Compile current file" and not "Compile current
project".

HTH,
Jakob Lanstorp
Senior Consultant