All,

This little topic has generated quite a lot of interesting views and opinions.
I don't want to extend the topic further by adding my own comments, rather I
wanted to clear up Uffe's comment below about OS MasterMap and GML.  OS
MasterMap is indeed true GML 2.1.2 and complies to the spec layed out in the
followind document http://www.opengis.org/docs/02-069.pdf

More information on the technical aspects of OS MasterMap can be found here:
http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/oswebsite/products/osmastermap/technicalinformation/index.html

If there are any specific technical questions then people can email [EMAIL
PROTECTED]

Regards,
==================================
Colin Henderson