I am integrating MapInfo into VC++ SDI Application. I use MapInfo
Professional 7.8 and MapBasic 6.0. My application is running on
Windows XP (with Service Pack 2).

In my VC++ Application, I followed the guideline listed in MapBasic
User Guide to integrate the MI into my application. And, I created
Tool buttons and Menu Items in the application to set the style of
Symbol, Line, Text, etc.

In the message handler of setting Text Style tool button and menu
item, I run the following command:

mapinfo.RunMenuCommand(M_FORMAT_PICK_FONT);

Then, MapInfo Ole Server will show dialog box to provide UI to select
the style of font. When I do something on this dialog (e.g. show the
list of the Combo Box), the application popup a modal dialog with the
following title and message.

Tite: Server Busy
Message: The action cannot be completed because the other program is
busy. Choose "Switch to" to activate the busy program and correct the
problem
Button: [Switch To...] [Retry] [Cancel] (The Cancel button is grayed)

When I clicked "Switch To.." button, mostly, "Start" menu in the task
bar is shown. When I clicked "Retry", this dialog shows again. And, I
cannot close this dialog even clicking "Switch To..." or "Retry"
button so many times. As a result, I need to kill the application and
MAPINFOW.exe using Task Manager.

I searched the posted messages and I found someone posted this similar
message and somebody had replied him. And, I followed the replied
message to reparent MI to my SDI application by running "Set
Application Window" MapBasic command. However, the problem still
exists.

Please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!
--