HI Oliver

I think I did understand your question. These differences are due to the
lack of OSTN02 correction.

The correction you need to apply varies from each 1 km square to the
next but is typically 110 metres in Easting AND 70 metres in Northing
giving a typical diagonal error of about 120 metres.

You cannot use a formula to apply this correction. You need to use the
table supplied by Ordnance Survey and this is what we have built in to
Maps4Site. The position we plot is within 3 to 5 metres with a £60 GPS.

This error is down to the GPS. The correction applied is to the
millimetre but of course this accuracy is only relevant when using 20
millimetre GPS which still costs thousands to implement.

Regards

Bob

 Oliver Francis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

>Dear Tim,
>

>Thank you for your comments.
>

>I don't believe I explained my problem correctly though.
>

>Once I have GeoTrack up and running with my GPS antenna, it locates me
>around 120m away from where I actually am (I was expecting an accuracy
>of 15m or so).  When I move around, it is continuously 120m (WNW) of
>where it should be.
>

>The problem I think I have is that the datum I am using (OSGB 36) is not
>the same as the Datum GeoTrack is using to plot its position.
>

>Hope this makes more sense.
>

>Thanks
>

>Oliver Francis
>

>GIS Operator