From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 5:57 AM
To: Neil Havermale
Cc: mapinfo-L@lists.directionsmag.com; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Ang. RE: [MI-L] arc globe - Earth Google MAP2EarthGoogle.mbx

Hi All!

What a splendid idea!
I'm already thinking of using the GElink as presentation aid.
Imagine simply mailing a small KML file and the have Google Earth do all the work.
One thing though - it says that GE does not support all the point and line styles of MapInfo, but will default to its own standard:
"Objects using an unsupported Google Earth point style display in Google Earth as a pushpin."
Fair enough, but how can you tell how a particular style will fare in GE?
Some information on this would be most helpful since the trial and error approach will cost a lot of time.

Hälsning / Best regards Mats.E
________________________
FB Engineering AB
Södra Förstadsgatan 26
211 43 Malmö

Tel: 040-660 25 50
Mobil: 0705-27 60 27
Fax: 040-660 25 99
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.fbe.se

"Neil Havermale" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sänt av: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

2005-11-19 18:49

Till

<mapinfo-L@lists.directionsmag.com>

Kopia

Ärende

RE: [MI-L] arc globe - Earth Google  MAP2EarthGoogle.mbx

If you are an MIP 8.0 licensed user you can pass both raster image of a “map window” or current slects of actual point, line, or boundary objects (current limit of 2,000 objects per layer) directly into Earth Google as of Tuesday last.  Check out MapInfo’s 8.0 update site for this newly provided MBX utility from MapInfo.  My experimentation with this utility over the last several days is that its pretty darned neat. It only sends MapInfo objects; it does not import data from Earth Google.  There are some interesting and relevant license issues that will spawn out of tools like this.   I use Earth Google Pro ($400/yr) and I don’t know for certain about how the MIP export performs with the free version, Earth Google, or the $20/yr license for Earth Google Plus?   IMHO this is one of the most interesting cross-integrations MapInfo has sent out…

http://extranet.mapinfo.com/smartupdate/html/pro8.0.html

“The MapInfo Professional (TM) Link Utility for Google Earth (TM) enables MapInfo Professional v8.0 customers to share analysis maps with others via Google Earth. This export method will serve as one more output option you can use to attractively share the value of location based analysis maps with the rest of your organization.”

FYI
MidNight Mapper
Aka neil