Hi List!

I thought should share with you a most useful method on creating
workspaces. Forgive me if some find it obvious, it wasn't for me.

The problem is this:
During work on a complicated map design, one tends to open lots of
tab-files, try out different sub-selects, copy mapper windows for testing
different styles and so on. In a final stage, I want to clean up the
workspace and close unused tables, queries, discarded map and layout
windows and so on. But I have more than once mistakenly closed crucial
tables, or laboriously created mapper windows in this process, for which
there is no undo function (frequent workspace saving is recommended).

Solution:
Once you have arrived at the final stage, open another instance of
MapInfo. Then use the handle/suitcase tool and drag the windows you want
to keep from the workshop instance to the pristine one. Then save the
workspace from there. This will clean out tab-files and stuff that is open
but not in use. But any queries in use will be retained.
Caveat: If you *need* such open tabs for some reason, you will have to
re-open them.

Hälsning / Best regards Mats.E
FB Engineering AB
Södra Förstadsgatan 26