Hi Andrew

The floating point (float) which is double precision holds numbers to
"at least 15 digits of precision". This quote is from Microsoft Visual
Studio help. I would have thought this is a bit too close to your
requirement though, and that you would be better holding the numbers as
a character string.

If you need to convert the string to a number, again you are close to
the specification for a double and might not maintain this accuracy.
However that is a lot of significant figures!

You can use the MapBasic format command to print out more than six
decimal places for a double precision number.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Bob
@www.MapsByDesign.co.uk

Andrew Tracey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes