On Sun, Dec 04, 2005 at 09:22:45PM +1100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> When there is a lull in the mapinfo list, there is nothing that sparks it
> up like a good old MapInfo vs ESRI debate.
>
> Bill, this is definately one for the WIKI to get some traffic.  I think I
> raised the last time this was debated, or perhaps the second last one, and
> I have to admit, ESRI are getting better.  MapInfo .NET had better be good
> to justify the few years standstill on MIP that has allowed ESRI to catch
> up.

Maybe I should invite Jack D. or ESRI-L members to post something on the
Wiki about how ArcGIS simply walks all over MapInfo these days. Would that
get people to post even a few words on the Wiki?

There's been plenty of people logging in to the Wiki at www.mapinfo-l.com,
but it seems that nearly everyone's just lurking.  Not even a jot in the
SandBox, which tells me people aren't even interested in learning how to
use it.  Hell, we don't even have any spammers yet! Everyone seems to be
waiting for someone else to entertain them.

Ask not what your wiki can do for you, but what you can do for your wiki.
It really works better that way!