Hi List

With regard to my posting about an hour ago, I can now report that the
code that crashes in MapInfo 6.5 works in Version 8.0!

Just as a reminder even in 6.5, it only crashes using Find to set
centre. Zoom, Pan and Change View all work ok.

However Version 8.0 is not without its own "features". In 6.5 the
working methods just redraw the map. In version 8.0 I need a print(in
WinChangedHandler) to the message window to get the map to appear! If I
do not add a print ( just print "." is enough ) then I need to do a
Window redraw.

So why does MapInfo 6.5 crash on Find, and yet 8.0 ok?

and

Why does version 8.0 need a print statement, whereas 6.5 does not?

Trying to cater for these differences between versions of MapInfo is
really frustrating!

Regards

Bob
@www.MapsByDesign.co.uk