From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of James M. Kelly
Sent: Mon 19/12/2005 11:54 PM
To: John Elliot
Cc: MapInfo-L@lists.directionsmag.com
Subject: RE: [MI-L] MI raster to Shape file

John

I world file is simply a text file that contains some information about
the coordinate values of the image, but no coordinate system
information.  I have not used ArcPad, but I would imagine that the world
files are standard old ESRI format.

There is a free mbx on the directions website that is called TABtoTFW or
something like that, which can be used to create a TFW (for tiff files)
from TAB files.  I have found some problems using this when the raster
is screen registered in MapInfo, so I would use it with caution.

Cheers

James