Bob,

No, it surely is no bug. It's exactly the way MapInfo works. Every window is
assigned a certain printer, and if you have set MapInfo to store this
information in workspaces, MapInfo does so. You can change this setting under
Settings > Preferencens > Startup.

To change these settings, and can see one way: Search and replace....

UltraEdit - or the new UEStudio - could be a tol for doing this as it can
search and replace in files.

So you could search for "HP 2500CM Printer" and replace this with "HP 2800CM
Printer" (if this is the "name" of the printer under Windows)

HTH,
Peter Horsbøll Møller
GIS Developer, MTM
Geographical Information & IT