I finally found the reason for the incorrectly shaped voronoi polygons.
It seems the Projection your points are in effects the shape of the
voronoi polygons created.  The points table I used to create the voronoi
polygons from was in a Longitude/Latitude Projection, which created the
inaccuracies.  When I saved the table and changed the projection to
Regional Equal-Area Projectons (North America), the new voronoi polygons
from these points was correct.

Thanks to all for the help.
-Bob