Andrew,

I would recommend either building a MapBasic application or just using a
Workspace to perform this task.
You only need to know three MapBasic commands to perform this:

Open Table <path and name of table>
Server Refresh <name of table>
Close Table <name of table>

This can very easy by put into  a workspace. You can use the task manager to
run the workspace once a night.
All that is required is that you have MapInfo installed in the computer running
the task - this could also be the server

Peter Horsbøll Møller
GIS Developer, MTM
Geographical Information & IT

COWI A/S