Hi Bianca,

But this is exactly the kind of geocoding that MIPro is good at, and always has been. It's always been there.

All you need to do is build a "StreetInfo" table, with these 5 initial columns and the road vector as the mappable feature :

   ROADNAME Char ( ### )
   FROMLEFT Integer
   TOLEFT Integer
   FROMRIGHT Integer
   TORIGHT Integer

The two intervals designate low-to-high house numbers on each side of the street. Usually the numbers are odd numbers on one side, even on the other. The direction of the road vector determines the FROM-to-TO relationship.

MapInfo Pro will automatically detect this table setup and use it for geocoding. I think the ROADNAME column needs to be indexed, though.

So you don't need to calculate it yourself. Nevertheless the coordinates can be extracted into columns with these function calls

   Vector_Start_X = ObjectGeography ( obj , 1 )
   Vector_Start_Y = ObjectGeography ( obj , 2 )
   Vector_End_X = ObjectGeography ( obj , 3 )
   Vector_End_Y = ObjectGeography ( obj , 4 )

HTH

Best regards / Med venlig hilsen
Lars Nielsen
GisPro

Blanca R. Santos Roncal wrote:

Hi Everyone!!!, My name is Blanca and I'm Peruvian.

Please, I need your help!!

I am planning to geocode using vector analysis formulas and I was wondering
if any of you have ever tried this.

Specifically, I need 2 programs:

a) A program that calculates the beginning and ending X,Y coordinates for a
set of lines (streets), like this:

     |---------->----------|

     (X1,Y1)           (X2,Y2)

b) A program that extrapolates the location of the address using the X,Y
coordinates and the direction of the line, plus an adjustment for left/right
side of the street.

Thanks a lot!!!!

Blanca R. Santos R.
Área de Sistemas