My suggestion would be to search within the strings using a series of
regular expressions ("regex").

It's brute force, but you can develop easily understood code (best to get a
regex tester - several of them, esp for .NET) with a series of switch or
case statements.

As you recognize more of the "system", hone your regex so that it does it
better.

IL Thomas
GeoSciSoft - Perth, Australia

<snip>