-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Andrew
Tracey
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 4:07 AM
To: MapInfo-L@lists.directionsmag.com
Subject: [MI-L] calculating distances

Hi all,

I have 2 tables, one of them has one point on it (table 1), and the other
has approximately 500 points (table 2). I was wondering if there was an easy
way of calculating the distance of all the points in table 2 to the one
point in table 1, and then automatically adding an extra field in table 2
with that value.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Andrew Tracey
Information Support Officer
Corporate Information
Corporate Development
South Tyneside Council
Westoe Road
South Shields
NE33 2RL

Tel: 0191 4247561
E-Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

********************
********************
Please do not print this e-mail if you can help it - and help protect the
environment.
This Message may contain confidential information and is protected by
copyright.
If you receive it in error please notify us and delete it without making use
of or copying it.
The addressee and other employees within the Council may read and copy any
e-mail
Whilst we use virus checking procedures we accept no liability for viruses
and recipients
must rely on their own virus checking procedures.