From: "Peter Horsbøll Møller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <mapinfo-l@lists.directionsmag.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 12:27 PM
Subject: [MI-L] External dll with variable path

Hi,

Has anyone ever tried accessing an external dll in a variable location ?
I'm building a MapBasic application, that should use a dll placed in
Windows\System32. On my computer I know ehere this is, but I guess I can't
be sure whether it always will be located in C:\Windows on other computers ?

So how do I tell MapBasic to use the dll from the System32 folder ?

I can't use this:

Declare Function BLAccessFile$ Lib "C:\Windows\System32\BLMarkProvider.dll"
Alias "udtraekDb" () As String

and this one the compiler doesn't like (APIWindowSystem32Folder$() is my own
function returning the location of Windows\System32):

Declare Function BLAccessFile$ Lib APIWindowSystem32Folder$() +
"BLMarkProvider.dll" Alias "udtraekDb" () As String

I also tried it with ApplicationDirectory$() but that didn't work either, so
the problem might be the use of a function ??!!

and with this one I can't be sure that MapInfo will use the right dll:

Declare Function BLAccessFile$ Lib "BLMarkProvider.dll" Alias "udtraekDb" ()
As String

Any ideas ?

Peter Horsbøll Møller
GIS Developer, MTM