From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Ed Sloat
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 1:46 PM
To: MapInfo-L@lists.directionsmag.com
Cc: Caroline Ruiz
Subject: [MI-L] Geocode intersections

I have a file of accident data that is referenced by the nearest major intersection in Peoria, Arizona. The table is set up with two street location fields, one for the north-south street and the other for the east-west street. An example might be:

Accident Date: 1/07/05

Street 1: West Thunderbird Road

Street 2: North 70th Ave

In all cases, the two street alignments define an intersection. My question is how do I geocode this? I have street centerline files, but I can not find any reference other than to geocode points based on exact street addresses. I am thinking that I should be able to reference the names of two intersecting streets and have MapInfo place a data point at that location.

Any help from the forum would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ed Sloat

Edward F. Sloat, Director

Research, Planning, and Assessment