-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David
Reid
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 9:29 PM
To: 'Richard Greenwood'
Cc: 'MapInfo-L'
Subject: RE: [MI-L] Poll: CAD-Computer Aided Dispatch and Mapinfo for
9-1-1Centers (PSAPS)

Thanks for the feedback Rich, but am looking for just that, something
that
is better than what we have while still working with Mapinfo.

We demoed one CAD that only accepted AV data and I just don't want the
hastle of worring about having to convert everything, not only that, but
the
AV files consume so much more disk space. When I converted our 20+
layers
from Mapinfo into Arcview, I wound up with far more files, (ie Whereas
MI
might only have 5 files for a table, when converted I came up with 7).
really don't care WHY there is or isn't more, I simply want the same
integration I have now. I should have stated our current CAD works ok
but
built on MapX 3.0 technology which I understand is not even supported
anymore by Mapinfo.

Further I should have specified our current CAD was designed, built
circa
1992 and installed when we went online in 1994 and has not changed even
though we still pay an annual maintainence on it to keep it upgraded.
But
that's a whole other story.

Thanks for your input,
Dave