Hi Tim

MapInfo native Tables have a 2 GB file size limit for the DAT and MAP
files. If your data is split into several layers, or separate Countries
you may not hit this limit.

However if you find you do hit the limit we have released a format that
is similar to MapInfo TAB but the filesize limit is 16 Terrabytes rather
than just 2 GB. Basically it uses 64 bit pointers instead of 32 bit
pointers.

At present we only have a translator ( free product ) from GML to this
format, which we use to load full MasterMap coverage of Great Britain (
68 GB in total ). However we are interested in looking at loading other
large data sets. We could give you a free copy of MIMIC which allows the
new 64 bit format to be viewed from within MapInfo Professional ( but
not Map X at this time ).

If any other listers are hitting the 2 GB limit we would be interested
in loading your data into the new format. Please get in touch if this is
of interest to you.

Regards

Bob
@www.MapsByDesign.co.uk

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
dcmx01.micromill.local>, Tim Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes