From: Llewellyn, David [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2006 3:29 AM
To: Peter Horsbøll Møller
Cc: MapInfo-L@lists.directionsmag.com
Subject: RE: [MI-L] Overlap analysis - Oracle tables

Peter,

In the version of Oracle Spatial we are running (9.2.0.6.0) the querytype parameter must be included.

I have tried querytype=JOIN

But the results are still the same.

See the actual query and output below:

  1  SELECT A.TRI_NUM, SDO_GEOM.SDO_AREA(SDO_GEOM.SDO_INTERSECTION(A.GEOLOC, B.GEOLOC, 0.005), 0.005, 'unit=SQ_KM') "OLAP"

  2  FROM NTDA_REG_QLD A, NTDA_SCH_QLD B

  3  WHERE B.TRI_NUM = 'QQ99/9'

  4* AND SDO_RELATE(A.GEOLOC, B.GEOLOC, 'mask = ANYINTERACT querytype=JOIN') = 'TRUE'

TRI_NUM       OLAP

QC99/xx    .055406902

QC97/yy     21061.2942

QC02/zz     .539097535

QC99/pp    1278.13187

The areas above differ from the areas output by MapInfo (using the ‘Area’ function) by a factor of about 0.9974.

Best regards,

David Llewellyn.