From: David Baker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, 24 March 2006 7:41 PM
To: mapInfo-L@lists.directionsmag.com
Subject: [MI-L] [Spam] Tab file to connect to Oracle 10G database

Is there any chance someone could post a copy of their *.tab file here
for
a MapInfo 8.0 table which connects properly to an Oracle 10G XE table?

I had it working a couple of days ago, but have had a hard drive crash &
rebuild since then, and can't figure it out this time.

Here is the *.tab file that I have (that doesn't work - comes out with
an
ORA-12514 error - TNS:Listener does not currently know of service
requested
in connect descriptor. Unable to open table My_data.).
Note that I am running MI on the same machine as the Oracle database.

!table
!version 500
!charset WindowsLatin1

Definition Table
  Type ODBC
begin_metadata
"\IsReadOnly" = "FALSE"
"\DATALINK" = ""
"\DATALINK\Query" = "Select *  From ""SYSTEM"".""MY_DATA"""
"\DATALINK\ConnectionString" = "DRIVER={Microsoft ODBC for
Oracle};UID=SYSTEM;SERVER=127.0.0.1"
"\DATALINK\ToolKit" = "ODBC"
"\CACHE" = "OFF"
"\MBRSEARCH" = "ON"
end_metadata

Thanks,

Dave

***This Email, together with any attachments is intended for the addressee
only.  If you have received this Email in error please inform the sender
immediately by return Email.  Alternatively you can ring the National Native
Title Tribunal on the toll free number 1800 640 501 and report the error.
Please delete the Email and any copies from your computer and/or computer
network. The Tribunal does not warrant that this email is virus free. The
Tribunal has also implemented content filtering of Emails to restrict
inappropriate and spam emails being received. Other emails which may contain
viruses may also be blocked. In either case, and in any case the email may not
reach its intended recipient. If the email is important you may wish to see
confirmation of its receipt by placing that request in the text of the email.
Please resend the email if you haven't received that confirmation as requested.
***