From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tim Aldridge
Sent: 27 March 2006 13:41
To: mapinfo-l@lists.directionsmag.com
Subject: [MI-L] MapX geoset centring problem

Hello,

I am having problems opening MapX Geosets in MapInfo (7.5/7.8).
Whenever I attempt to open a geoset it loads the data and then zooms to a completely different place than it is supposed to. Geosets using the British National Grid projection seem to centre on (400000, 4470100) no matter where the centre should be.
This does not seem to be a problem with geosets saved with a lat/long projection, but seems to affect geosets saved in the other projections I've tried. It also doesn't seem to be a problem when opening them in MapInfo 6.5.
Most of the data being used is saved with the British National Grid projection, including some rasters, which demands that the geoset projection is the same.

I am using Mapx Geoset Utility (Version 2.6) as a tool in MapInfo.

Is there any way of fixing this?

Tim Aldridge

PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The information contained in this email transmission is intended by North Somerset Council for the use of the named individual or entity to which it is directed and may contain information that is privileged or otherwise confidential. If you have received this email transmission in error, please delete it from your system without copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply email.

Any views expressed within this message or any other associated files are the views and expressions of the individual and not North Somerset Council.

North Somerset Council takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that no viruses are transmitted with any electronic communications sent, however the Council can accept no responsibility for any loss or damage resulting directly or indirectly from the use of this email or any contents or attachments.

www.n-somerset.gov.uk

Main switchboard: 01934 888888