-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Cummings,
Mike
Sent: Saturday, April 15, 2006 2:39 AM
To: MapInfo-L@lists.directionsmag.com
Subject: [MI-L] Problem linking MI8 to MS access query file.

This is really an annoying access query/export problem.  I have a access
query with a "calculated" field.  the results of this field is three
characters of text.  When the query is linked and viewed in the MI browser
the "calculated" field is 254 characters.  You can get the same results by
exporting the query as a "DBF" file & importing the "DBF" to access then
looking at the file structure.

Has anyone have a fix?  Is there a MS access function I haven't found or
know how to work around this & still have a refreshable MI table?

Thanks All.