David,

If you have the Build 33, you are good. There is no never version until version
8.5 will be released.

If you look back at the later versions of MapInfo, you'll discover that it has
been a while since MapInfo actual had a x.01 version.
The later versions are kept as x.00 and then just letting the build version
change.

This also means that you can't check if the user has upgraded with MapInfo as
the SystemInfo(SYS_INFO_VERSION) only returns the first two decimals:
8.0.0.0018 -> 800
8.0.0.0033 -> 800

Could have been useful in some cases to be able to verify if the running
MapInfo is the latest version or at least a certain version

Peter Horsbøll Møller
GIS Developer, MTM
Geographical Information & IT

COWI A/S