Hi all,

Thanx for the prompt and useful responses. I had
completely forgotten about using Terminal Services
Client. Licensing issues aside we have been looking at
setting up a complete environement allowing users to
load, edit and save map data via the web.

We've gone through Geoserver, MapBuilder, Mapserver,
PostGIS, etc but the documentation is frankly awful
except for Mapserver but that is only a WMS, and I
need a WFS-T (transactional - for data edits). Maybe
that will change over time..but right now lack of
suitable documentation hinders progress.

We had thought of converting all my GIS data into XML,
then using AJAX and SVG to control the entire
interface, problem is, we really need to stay with TAB
file format-so converting to and fro isn't ideal since
we'd have to use MITAB libraries in PHP or Perl to
handle the conversion.

Citrix was a thought, but our operation is very small
at the moment, so we need to be conscious of outlays.

Ideally, using MapInfo on a server and allow remote
access to a MapBasic utility will give us all the
functionality we could possibly hope for-which is why
we aimed for it. The real issue is ease of maintenance
and long term development. The industry is changing
and our website needs will change as well, short term
options aren't really viable since in a year or two so
much could have changed and being able to upgrade
easily is very important, especially since there
aren't many of us! :-)

So many choices!! :)

Ben