Nathan,

I think you should go in a different direction.
Way not combining all the records in your tables into one table. Then you can
select all records and combine them into one single object
(Unless the number of nodes gets to big ...)

And finally you can do an areacalculation of this single object.

You could also insert one layer at a time into the new table and for each new
layer you want to insert, you first select everything from the new table, set
this as target, then you select everything from the layer to insert and do an
erase. Now every part of the objects in the new layer tha overlap any part of
the objects in the layer to insert will be deleted. Finally you insert the
records from the layer into the new layer.

Again you finish by doing an area calcualtion, this time by Selecting
"Sum(CartesianArea(OBJ, "sq m")" or Sum(Area(OBJ, "sq m"), depending on your
coordsys

HTH,

Peter Horsbøll Møller
GIS Developer, MTM