Hi Ian,

You always need to make absolutely sure, that the coordinate system (projection) of the vector table used for digitizing is identical to the underlying raster's.

Especially if NonEarth is involved. Contrary to the belief of many users, it is very possible to mix Earth and NonEarth tables in MIPro, which very well could yield the weird result you experience.

What you need to do her-and-now, is save a copy of your vector table in a NonEarth projection similar to the projection used by the raster image.

Best regards / Med venlig hilsen
Lars I. Nielsen
GisPro

Ian Farrelly wrote:

Hi Listers,

There may well be a very easy solution to this problem which could save me a lot of time:

I have a raster image which was opened in MapInfo as an unregistered non-earth image.  The linework from this image was then digitised on screen as a number of MapInfo tables.

The problem we are having is that when the MapInfo tables are now opened without the underlying raster, they become skewed to a great extent.  When the raster is opened with the MI table, the linework appears to be fine.  Is there any way to de-couple the MapInfo tables from the raster such that the digitised work is not affected?

Any suggestions would be warmly received,

Thanks,

Ian