Hi Greg

Take a look at the following link to where MapInfo give some idea of what is happening in V8.5.  There is also a link on this page to a video which highlights the upcoming release. The link is http://mapinfo.com/upgrade .

My understanding of release for the English version of V8.5 is that it will ship from the US in early June and be available in the various regions shortly thereafter.

As Peter said, I too saw the preview of V8.5 at MapWorld in Phoenix and it does appear to have some useful improvements and handy new stuff.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Tony Maber  -  Certified MapInfo Professional
Manager - Business Services
SPATIAL DECISIONS PTY LTD
(A MapInfo Associate Partner)
www.spatialdecisions.com.au