Hi,

Just wanted to share some insight on this issue.

This problem is not only related to packed tables. I can slo be related to raster layers ...

Imagine this:
1. You have a map with a bunch of layers and a raster layer. Thie raster layer is not visible, but in a different coordsys
2. You save a workspace with the current view of the map, the coordsys is not the same as the raster layer

3. You reopen the workspace. Now it gets technical:
3a. When a map is created thru a workspace MapInfo starts by adding all the layers
3b When it has added the layers, the map window has the coordsys of the raster layer
3c. Now the settings for the layers are applied, and also the costum labels - coordinates are not using the coordsys of the raster layer
3d. Finally the settings for the raster layer, se the zoom level and turns off the raster layers visibility

4d. Now the labels turn up in incorrect positions.

Did you notice the problem ?

The problem is that when saving the workspace, the coordsys is not the same as when reloading the workspace again. This might interfer with the position of the labels - and I guess also with cosmetic objects !?

So, be aware when using raster layers in a different coordys then the rest of you layers. BTW, this might be solved with MapInfo 8.5 as you here can reproject raster layers.

Peter Horsbøll Møller
GIS Developer, MTM
Geographical Information & IT

COWI A/S