Listers,

I have a set of contours (polylines) in MapInfo (UTM), all containing Height
as a property value. I want to convert/export them for use in AutoCad with
all 3 dimensions.

Is it possible to do this using Table->Export or UT ? I don't see any option
for preserving my height value as "Elevation"

I did this once with AutoCAD Map. I forget the exact steps, but
basically I imported the MIF file and then ran a "modify" query in
AutoCAD Map which copied the field that contained the elevation value
in MapInfo to the Z value of the polyline.

AutoCAD map is a fairly spendy add-on to AutoCAD. They used to have
(and may still have) a fully functional 30 day demo.

Rich

--
Richard Greenwood
[EMAIL PROTECTED]