Very interesting... Even when I tried it with:
FileName = FileOpenDlg("D:\testfiles","*.csv","csv","Select CSV File")

I also got the error (using MI 7.8). But even more interesting, when I
tried:
FileName = FileOpenDlg("D:\testfiles","*.ick","ICK","Select ICK File")

there was no error. (And I'm pretty sure nobody uses "ick" as a file
extentsion.)