Hi Listers,

I am a bit of a newby and not sure if Vertical Mapper questions are allowed on this list but anyway here goes...

I am having a bit of grief with what I thought were some simple grid queries (i.e. give me Grid C where Grid A = X AND Grid B = Y). Sometimes it works for me and sometimes it doesn’t and I am guessing that there is something critical about the order of the grids in the “conditions” list relative to the order of the grids in the “grids” list. Also a bit worried that maybe my grids must be perfectly aligned.

Based on the user manual I thought that as long as the projection of the grids was the same and that there was at least partial overlap of the grids that a query would give a result....simple as that!

Could someone tell me if there are any obvious rules that I am missing OR if there is any documentation I could get my hands on that is more thorough than the user manual. I have other questions like if two cells from two grids are not perfectly aligned how does Vertical Mapper determine if the cells meet the query conditions? Is it simply that their centre points must lie within each other?. This seems a likely answer but a newby like me would have liked to see it in the user manual!

Many thanks for your help.

Steve Roso