Hi List,

Hopefully you can help a complete GIS novice using massively outdated software
(MapInfo Professional 5.0 and Geocoder) I've got a MapInfo table of various
address points (several hundred), including data on their business type.  Is
there a way to create an automatic query that will allow users to select
certain types of property and automatically generate boundaries of various
sizes?

I.e., the user is able to open the table then, by some easy to use method,
select all garages and draw a 50m circle round them, then select all repair
shops and draw a 150m circle round them, etc, etc.

Regards,

Tom Clements
Intel Analyst
Westminster Intel Unit
0207 321 8660
It is the policy of the MPS that:

MPS personnel (or agents working on behalf of the MPS) must not use
MPS systems to author, transmit or store documents such as electronic mail
(e-mail) messages or attachments:

*  containing racist, homophobic, sexist, defamatory, offensive,
   illegal or otherwise inappropriate material;

*  for other than official or semi-official MPS purposes;

*  containing material requiring a protective marking higher than
   RESTRICTED, (and not higher than NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED across
   the internet) without the use of approved encryption;

*  containing personal data for use other than in accordance with
   the notification(s) under the Data Protection Act, 1998 of the
   system(s) from which the data originates.

*  This Email message has been scanned for viruses and contents.