Hi All,

I'm having trouble mapping data from an Access 2000 database in MapInfo version 8.  I have created the Map Catalogue for the DBMS connection, using the Microsoft Access .mdb machine data source and MapInfo tells me that the Catalogue item has been created successfully.

Then, using the Make DBMS Table Mappable tool, I've selected the table from Access that I would like to create points from and have told MapInfo which columns I would like to use for X and Y coordinates.  The columns in the Access table are set up as number; double, yet MapInfo tells me that the column 'X Coord' doesn't exist in the Access table and therefore ends the process of making the table mappable.

I don't know why this happens; I've tried (in MS Access) changing the X Coord column to integer and long integer and get the same errors.  The table isn't linked or anything; it was imported from an Excel spread sheet, but is now independent from it.

I would be grateful for any advice on this.

Best regards,

Robin Smith
GIS Assistant
GIS team, ICT
South Gloucestershire Council
01454 863407

********************************************************************** This email and any files transmitted with it from South Gloucestershire Council are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the South Gloucestershire Council Postmaster at the address below. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses. [EMAIL PROTECTED] **********************************************************************