There seems to be some hidden rules in that control focus setting. Popup menu does not seem to able to be set as “default” control, the one that should be active at dialog opening. But it is not the only case I have met; I have been unable to set the OkButton or any button as default focus.

What could be that hidden rule?

Jacques Paris

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Greg Goodall
Sent: 21 août 2006 13:31
To: mapinfo-l@lists.directionsmag.com
Subject: [MI-L] Set Focus on PopupMenu Control in a Dialog

I have a Dialog that contains several types of controls (StaticText, PopupMenu, EditText, RadioGroup and Buttons) and I would like to specify which control has the initial focus when the Dialog displays.

Currently when the Dialog displays, the focus is placed on the first EditText control.  I want the focus to be placed on a PopupMenu control instead.

The Controls are defined in the following order

StaticText

PopupMenu

EditText

So I would think that the PopupMenu would be get the initial focus according to the Help information below.

Greg Goodall

Data Management Marketing

Project Manager / Senior Systems Analyst

321-725-8081