Let me say first that I am very impressed at the opportunity given by MI to discuss openly some “user preference”. Since the days when beta releases opened temporary channels to limited exchanges on testing results, I do not remember MI paying such attention to its users’ community. Is that the harbinger of spring? I hope so.

I would not want that thread to become an open wish list discussion, but someone mentioned the idea of adding one or more special buttons for controlling the behaviour of that double issue (copy/paste and find) and some extension to such a solution was suggested for other “preferences”. I have build some time ago a “mapper preference tool bar” called WinMastr; that tool bar can be customized to show any of the 14 icons available (all the functions can be accessed at all times by the menu). Maybe, those who have found that application useful should show MI which way to go …(available on www.paris-pc-gis.com/download.htm in the MLC section)