Hi Scott,

There's no need to use a Mapbasic application if that's what you're thinking. You can use a MI based query with the function FileExists(), which "Returns a logical value indicating whether or not a file exists." (MB help).

So you can run a query using something like the following:

select *
from yourTable
where fileexists("file path" + colFileName + "_" + colNumberValue ".pdf")

Replace yourTable with your table name, colFileName with the column containing the filename, colNumberValue for the column containing the file number, and "file path" with the directory in which the files should be. For each record in the table, Mapinfo builds a string containing the path and filename and then checks if it exists. Where the file does exist, the record will be returned by the query.

Andrew

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hello all

I have a mapinfo table that I would like to scroll through to determine if a pdf file exists within a specific directory on a server based on a row value within a table. the primary key within the row matches the filename of the pdf accept the pdf file has an extravalue added after an underscore.

mapinfo value = ARDRABAN pdf = ARDRABAN_0001.PDF

How would you go about doing this within Mapbasic

Any help is appreciated
thanks

Scott

Andy Harfoot