I agree that having it be pluggable opens up a lot of new possibilities.
+1 for the idea.  Although I think in the short term we are having enough
problems as it is with just CPU and memory that it may be a little while
before we get to a pluggable solution.  Once YARN-2 goes in, if you can
get an initial proof of concept patch for a generic solution I would be
happy to review it and push for it to go in.

--Bobby