If the intention is to get the release out in time for the Hadoop Summit we
have a very tight schedule.

Because the release vote runs for 7 days, we should have an RC latest
Monday afternoon, and we should encourage folks to verify & vote ASAP, so
if we need to cut a new RC we can do it on Tuesday. Another thing to
consider is that if the changes on an RC are corrections that do not affect
code, we could agree on not reseting the voting period clock if we need to
cut a new RC (ie doc, build, notes changes).

Of the JIRAs in my laundry list for 2.1 the ones I would really want in are
YARN-752, MAPREDUCE-5171 & YARN-787.

The first 2 are already +1ed, the last one needs to be reviewed.

I have not committed the first 2 ones yet because I don't want to disrupt
things for the folks doing QA.

Arun, as you are coordinating the work for this release, please do commit
them or give me the go ahead and I'll commit.

Also, it  would be great if you can review YARN-787 (as per discussions,
the changes on the milli-slot calculations do not affect the current
calculations, that would be left for MAPREDUCE-5311 to do).

I'll be checking my email over the weekend and I can take care of some
stuff if needed (while the monkeys sleep).

Thx

--
Alejandro