Ok. After installing protobuf 2.5.0 I can compile trunk.
But now I cannot compile Hadoop-2 branches. None of them.
So if I switch between branches I need to reinstall protobuf?

Is there a consensus about going towards protobuf 2.5.0 upgrade in ALL
versions?
I did not get definite impression there is.
If not it could be a pretty big disruption.

Thanks,
--Konst