On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 5:15 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
<vino...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> +1. We should get an RC as soon as possible so that we can get all the
> downstream components to sign off.
> The earlier the better.

On this very note -- would there be any interest in joining efforts
with the Bigtop integration aimed at Hadoop 2.2.x based release
of all the Hadoop ecosystem projects?

Our current plan is to release Bigtop 0.7.0 within a couple of weeks.
That will be the last stable 2.0.x-based release. Bigtop 0.8.0 is supposed to
be based on Hadoop 2.x that gets us (Bigtop community) as close as possible
to the Hadoop's GA. Here's more on what we'll be doing with Bigtop 0.8.0:
     http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.incubator.bigtop.devel/10769

Of course, on the Bigtop side of things we're stuck with all the necessary
integration work anyway, but if there's anything at all that folks are willing
to help us and the bigger Hadoop community with that would be very
much appreciated. I think both communities will benefit from this type
of collaboration.

On a practical side of things, as soon as the branch for 2.2.0 gets cut
Bigtop can start publishing a complete set of Hadoop ecosystem
artifacts built against that particular version and easily install-able
on all of our supported systems. We can also start publishing VMs
so that folks on OSes other than Linux can help us with testing.

Thanks,
Roman.