IMO, HDFS-5796 (in some form or another) is a blocker for 2.7.

Right now, DFS browsing is pretty much broken on secure systems when a
hadoop-auth-compatible plugin is in use.  The "fix" (HDFS-5716) introduced
(what appears to be) an incompatible and undocumented method to provide auth
versus the rest of Hadoop.