Alright, I’d like to make progress while the issue is hot.

I created a label to discuss on the candidate list of patches:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=labels%20%3D%202.6.1-candidate<https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=labels%20=%202.6.1-candidate>

Next steps, I’ll do the following
 - Review 2.7 and 2.8 blocker/critical tickets and see what makes sense for
2.6.1 and add as candidates
 - I haven’t reviewed the current list yet, the seed list is from this email
thread. Will review them.
 - I also have a bunch of patches that I’d like to include, will update them
right away.

Others, please look at the current list and let me know what else you’d like to
include.

I’d like to keep this ‘candidate-collection’ cycle’ for a max of a week and
then start the release process. @Akira, let’s sync up offline on how to take
this forward in terms of the release process.

Thanks
+Vinod

On Jul 15, 2015, at 1:12 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli