My apologies, false alarm on the CHANGES.md and RELEASENOTES.md.  I was in
the process of reviewing the release and was interrupted, and when I
resumed I thought I had already downloaded the CHANGES and RELEASENOTES,
but in fact they were the old versions from a prior review of 2.8.0.  I
reviewed both of them for 2.8.2 (for real this time!) and they look
correct.  Again my apologies for the confusion.

Jason