Hi Torsten,

The existing hadoop-lzo project doesn't use the C code in indexing, though I
think you're right that the classes will fail to initialize if the native
libraries aren't available. Could I encourage you to simply post a patch
that fixes this rather than forking a new project?

This code is tricky and we've finally gotten it right (fingers crossed) - I
don't see the sense in having two projects that do the same thing when this
basically amounts to a bug fix.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon