From: 谭军 [mailto:tanjun_2...@163.com]
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2011 2:49 PM
To: mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org; subroto.san...@huawei.com
Subject: Re:RE: Can I use the cores of each CPU to be the datanodes instead
of CPU?

Hi Subroto,

I'm sorry for my poor English.

Are you thinking about CPU core to Hadoop process mapping?

Maybe this is the issue.

2 computers with 2 CPUs.

Each CPU has 2 cores.

Now I have 2 physical datanodes.

Can I get 4 physical datanodes?

I don't know wether I make my point clear?

--

Regards!

Jun Tan

在 2011-08-08 17:05:31,"Subroto Sanyal" <subrotosan...@huawei.com> 写道:

Hi Jun,

Sorry, I didn’t get your question properly…..  :-(

Are you thinking in terms of Virtual Machines running on same physical
server?

Are you thinking about CPU core to Hadoop process mapping?

As per my understanding, Hadoop doesn’t have intelligence of different
cores (ideally application should be independent of hardware details)

It is possible to run multiple instance of DataNode in same physical server,
provide the configurations are different for each DataNode process.

Regards,
Subroto Sanyal

  _____