From: Harsh J [mailto:ha...@cloudera.com]
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2011 10:50 PM
To: mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Issues starting TaskTracker

Shreya,

> I was getting the message owner SYSTEM when I was using default
> I was getting the message - running as TITUN, but the same error

What user are you actually launching the TaskTracker as? The directory
owner (user) must be == process owner (user) of the TT, and things
should be fine! Can you confirm that this isn't the case? What version
of Hadoop are you using?

P.s. Am really beginning to dislike MS Exchange or your sysadmin's
mailer settings here :-)

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 9:23 PM,  <shreya....@cognizant.com> wrote:
> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of
information.
> Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding,
printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on
this e-mail is strictly

--
Harsh J

If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply