Hello!

  How many reducers you are using?
  Regarding the performance parameters, fist you can increase the size of the
io.sort.mb parameter.
  It seems that you are sending a lot of amount of data to the reducer. By
increasing the value of this parameter, in the shuffle phase, the framework
will not be forced to write/spill data on the HDD that could be a reason for
slowing the process.
  If you are using one reducer, then the whole data is sent over HTTP to that
reducer. Another  thing that you have to think about it.
 Just for a curiosity, try increase also the dfs.block.size to 128 MB. It seems
that you are using the default 64 MB. You'll get less mapper tasks.
  Also, depending what configuration you have on the machine how many cores do
you have on CPU, you can increase the values for
mapred.tasktracker.{map|reduce}.tasks.maximum    The maximum number of
Map/Reduce tasks, which are run simultaneously on a given TaskTracker,
individually.      Defaults to 2 (2 maps and 2 reduces), but vary it depending
on your hardware
 You can have a look at
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.20.2/cluster_setup.html.
  A good book for understanding tuning parameters is Hadoop Definitive Guide by
Tom White.

  Hope that the above helps.
  Regards,
  Florin